here's a list of links to things that i find odd, interesting or useful (no particular order):
- glorious trainwrecks - cool site where folks just make their own small, creative games and share em'. i like the diy, amateur vibe of the stuff on here.
- itch.io - a neat indie games marketplace where anyone can upload. people host gamejams here and upload things other than games too, like assets, tools, books and comics. i actually have an account of my own.
- wick editor - a tool for creating animations and interactive things, it's open source and you don't need flash to use it or play/watch creations made with it.
- randoma11y - a site that generates a pair of colors for you.
- faxZERO - honestly let me know if you actually use this or have used this, i just kept this link in my bookmarks because i was surprised to know this (sending faxes through a website) was a thing.
- transparent textures - just a bunch of transparent textures that you can use for the background of a website, if you want. the background i use for my "talkin' about" articles comes from here.
- twine - a neat tool you can use to make interactive hypertext fiction, you can download it or use it in your browser.
- freem - a japanese free games website which you will probably like if you find amateur games interesting, personally i like checking out the browser games.
- cool text graphics generator - this is a tool you can use to make text graphics with different styles and effects. i like it because a lot of the designs have an flashy, goofy feel to them.
- noises online - a site you can use to listen to some soothing background noises as you work on things or relax. you can listen to rain, frogs, wind chimes, white noise and much more.
- justsketchme - this is a web-based tool that has figures you can pose and then use as a reference for your art. you can also adjust the lighting, camera, and even add multiple figures to a scene if you want. i think anyone who likes drawing or wants to improve at it would find this useful.
- taiko web - this is a web-based taiko no tatsujin simulator. i'm terrible at playing taiko but i still had fun with this.